Friday, February 24, 2012

Knitting Fun Things

I crocheted for years and as soon as I found out that I was going to be a Grandmother I decided that it was time to learn to knit. I found a wonderful local yarn shop, Knitter's Dream and the knitting began. I also learned that the pastel pink and blue that my children wore as babies, was no longer popular. I dragged myself into this century and started to use the bolder, brighter colors.I just finished a sweater for Lucy, our seven year old. It turned out great but I was knitting in PA and she continued to grow in Illinois. When she received it and called me on the iPad, I saw that it just fits her, sigh. Lesson learned - next one will be made four sizes larger instead of two. I am working on two new major knitting projects that I will share as they progress. Here are some that I have completed:

No comments:

Post a Comment